Saturday, September 14, 2013

Slow Birding

So far the beginning of fall migration has been very lack-luster.  I hope things will pick up a bit before the end of September.  Renovations are moving along slowly but I am beginning to see some progress.  I am packing up stuff to move out of the rooms where the floors will be sanded.

My photo "Exotica" took 3rd place in the J.C. Raulston Arboretum photo contest.  My first time entering there so I am pretty happy.  You never know what the judges like so you can only try your best and what you are happy with.







With the cool front that moved through last night, I figured the birds might really be out this morning.  I was a bit later than I wanted to be getting out but the wind had picked up so I think the birds were hiding.  The little hummingbirds were out though guarding their little patch of Jewelweed and on constant guard against invaders to their patch.

No comments: