Monday, June 23, 2014

Finally Feeling Better

After a couple of weeks of just not feeling well, I am beginning to feel like my old self again.  I took advantage of the cooler weather this morning (a rarity this time of year) to get out for a little while. I did not stay out long as I needed to get back home to cut grass and run the trimmer.  The heat and summer storms return later this week so this is a task I needed to complete.

The female Red-shouldered Hawk was sitting in her favorite tree watching for a meal.  All the birds love this particular tree.  It was hit by lightning two years ago and half of the tree died but the other half is okay.  The tree was full of birds.  Lots of young Bluebirds and more House Finches than I could count.  I wish I had paid a little more attention to just what all was in the tree.



4 comments:

Coppertop said...

Nice photos Paula.
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

GREAT to see a post from you, Paula. Glad that you are feeling better. Hope the kitchen is finished.

Metis Birding said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! The female Red-shouldered posed so beautifully for you :)

Nature Girl said...

Hello all! I am sorry I have not responded back to you. I have not even been looking at the computer except checking email. Thank for all for checking in. Hopefully I am back in the saddle again!