Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Morning with the Eagles

I had wanted to give the new lens a try on some flight shots so I went with my friend out to the lake.  It did not take long before I became very frustrated.


Finally I decided to increase the tracking sensitivity on the camera settings and began having more success.  I am not entirely happy with the performance of the lens for catching flight shots.  I am not going to make a final judgement without going out and giving it another try.


The the camera was tripod mounted so I had the vibration compensation turned to off.  I am going to give it another try with it turned on.  I am thinking that possibly with the constant panning to follow flight it possibly needed to be turned on.  I think that next time I will also try using the back AF.


We went fairly early and the light was on the wrong side of us.  We plan a visit back in the afternoon when the sun will be in a better position.






No comments: