Today was a real show on progress. I was determined to figure out a way to move the big rock (probably a couple of hundred pounds as it is dense granite). All progress was stopped until this was accomplished. I applied the concept of work smarter, not harder. I sat and studied the 22 feet I had to move the rock over both gravel and earth.
A little ingenuity can go a long way to accomplish a task so I looked around to see what materials I had on hand that could be used. Using the principles of leverage I was able to load the rock on a falt bed dolly. I placed a brake of a heavy cinder block every few feet in case I lost control.
Leap frogging the flat surface pieces I had to get to the new site it went smoothly. Once the rock was at the new position, I continued using leverage to slide the rock along two 2 x 4's that I had wet and soaked down with dish washing detergent to aid in sliding.
When I got stuck, I went and found a couple of pieces of steel pipe. That was the ticket. I could then easily get it in position. I am going to add more rocks around the edge in a little more free form design to hide the squareness.