Monday, January 28, 2013

Pine Siskins

While yesterday was dominated by Bluebirds, today it has been the Pine Siskins.  They have been hanging around for about five days now.  They nudged the finches away from the thistle sock but would rarely go to the feeders not standing a chance against some of the larger birds.








With so many here today, I spread some seed out along the deck rail.  Let the show begin!  The finches, siskins and sparrows tried for the best positions resulting in quite a few squabbles.  As I stood and watched, I was quite amazed to see the transformation of normally relatively docile birds to beast with wings.








Twice today, a mystery bird has shown up.  Once just watching the activity and about 30 minutes ago, I walked and looked out the window and it was bathing but by the time I got back with the camera it was gone.  I have the tripod sitting up for the remainder of the day and hope to get at least an identifying shot.
The closest thing I can compare the mystery bird to is a  Redstart however they are not suppose to be here now.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will return.  I would at least like one documenting shot.

No comments: