Thursday, February 7, 2013

Some Good News

After several days of flu like symptoms, I believe the worst has past.  First time I have had the flu in probably 15 years and it really sucked.  Anyway, my energy is returning and I am ready for spring to hurry up and get here.

The last week in January, I took my nephew out for some photography at the park.  They are having a photo contest but photos must have been taken in the park.  He entered in two categories.  Flora & Fauna (the oak tree) and Milling Around category which has to do with the old mill at the park.    My sister-in-law got the call today that he had placed.  They don't tell you the place until the reception and awards ceremony on Saturday. He played with the filters in photoshop and came up with the below.   I am very excited for him.




















I also got a call that my entry had placed.  I wasn't sure how it would be received as I tried something different using both black and white and color.  I liked it but it is always hard to know what the judges look for.



No comments: