Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Sun Returns

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post but I have been extremely busy and the weather has definitely not been conducive to being outside much.  From 60's to snow and ice in less than 24 hours followed by days of a cold wind then a rain and gray clouds I thought would never end.

Today it was if someone turned a page and all the yuck of two weeks was gone.  The sun came out, blue skies and signs of spring emerged.  We were back in the low 60's with only a very brief period of wind.

I have walked so much today that I can feel it in my legs tonight.  People flooded outside today to enjoy the beautiful weather.  I guess I was not the only one with a bit of cabin fever.  Walking along one trail, even a Copperhead had come out and was basking in the sunshine.  Over the period of an hour it went from very, very pale to deeper colors.








With spring right around the corner, mate selection was in high gear today.  I have watched out the window several times as the Cardinals and finches bring a seed to a prospective mate.  These two finches were being quite lovely-dovey today.




No comments: