Monday, November 24, 2014

The Last Daisy

It has been a very strange feeling weather day with temperatures in the low to mid 70's.  The morning started clear but clouds moved in quickly.  I gave up on birding when light showers started and headed home.

By the time I got home the drizzle had stopped so I decided I would get up leaves....again..... before more rain moved in.  It is almost an exercise in futility with so many still coming down but I try to get them up in manageable levels versus waiting until they all come down.


The last daisy finally began to fade today.  I can not believe this one daisy lasted almost three weeks.  I had already cut the remainder of the bed back with the exception of this one flower.  The mounding Japanese Maple in the background makes for nice color.

A thunderstorm is moving in so I guess I will close now.  I just hope we are not in for a strong storm tonight.  I always worry when it has been so warm and a cool front starts moving in.





2 comments:

ME2NC said...

Hey, Paula. I live the daisy but I love the leaf. What did you do to make the circular pattern on the outside of it. That is a very neat looking effect.

Nature Girl said...

Thanks Gladys. I did a mask around the area and then did a radial blur. I thought it looked sort of neat.