Friday, April 22, 2016

Scarlet Tanager

Over the last couple of months, family responsibilities have taken precedence over much else.  With the passing of my Aunt this week, I am hoping things get back to a normal routine now. Her funeral and internment were yesterday.  After returning home from the family lunch, I was outside potting some flowers when this fellow showed up.  Since my Aunt knew I loved birding, I took it as a sign that maybe she was sending me something to cheer me up.





He stayed around for several hours coming to the bird bath.  He would get in, splash around, then fly to a near by tree and preen, fluff feathers then fly away.  Before long, I would see him come back and splash some more.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird, Paula. So sorry about your aunt.

Nature Girl said...

Thanks Gladys. It had been a difficult couple of months.