Monday, May 16, 2016

Cedar Waxwings

Early this morning I looked out the kitchen window and the bird bath was filled with Waxwings. Usually I would have had the window open but the recent cold front dropped the temperature to 48 last night so I had not opened the windows.  Hopefully they will come back today when the light is better.









The Waxwings have been hanging around for the last couple of days devouring all the mulberries they can find.  My up the street neighbor has one mulberry tree that has been loaded and she was kind enough to allow me to go up and get some photos.  Thanks Cynthia!

I just love these birds with their animated appearance. They are a lot of fun to watch.  There appeared to be lots of young birds assuming the begging position wanting to be fed.  One young bird really put on a show spreading its feathers and fluttering wings.





2 comments:

Coppertop said...

How awesome! Love the photos Paula. Hope they came back again for you.
Cold here also, down in the 20's and 30's Northern Maine even got 5-7 inches of Snow. Burr! So thankful that was not us.
Our Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are back, I'm delighted!

Nature Girl said...

Thanks Liz. I too hope they will come back before they depart. I saw on your blog the RGGs had arrived. I knew you were looking forward to them. At least the weather has warmed up a bit today....unfortunately it looks like rain for the next several days.