Monday, April 18, 2011

Catching Up


The last two weeks have been an absolute blur. High stress work, deep heartache over the loss of a loved one to someone I work with, a severe injury to my Aunt and then to top it all off, a much to close call with a tornado has been just about all I can stand for a while. I have spent the last two afternoons picking up limb after limb. Hail mostly destroyed all the flowers I had put out so I will have to start over on those.


I am thankful though because many people their homes and possessions and not sure of the number now, but quite a few, their lives. Less than two miles from where I live, a swath of trees looks like some hacked them off half way down and many building destroyed.


After finally getting the yard back in some reasonable order, I took the morning to go to the park/refuge. Crying shame. Many large trees down there too but mostly confined to one trail.


As I was leaving, I stopped to watch some Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers and almost did not see what was before my eyes. Delighted to see that the hummingbirds have arrived.


No comments: