Saturday, June 18, 2011

Project Complete - Folkart Stone Owl



Pretty much everything had been put on the back burner to complete this project as I wanted to have it finished by Monday. Only thing left to do is get some very fine steel wool and do a light over to cut down the sheen of the clear finish. I thought I had satin but it was gloss so as soon as it has a day to set really well, a light once over should do it.


I was not satisfied with the gray I was originally going with on the chest and back so another coat of black and start over. I have definitely lost some of the knack but I think it came out okay. Should look very nice in the log cabin on the fireplace mantle.

2 comments:

Woodduck said...

Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing that.

Nature Girl said...

Thanks Woodduck. Not my very best work but with time constraints I think it cme out okay.