Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hawk Happenings

The morning started out with drizzle but the day turned beautiful by noon.  I didn't go out as I had started projects at home when the morning drizzle started and by the time it turned nice, I was deep in to spring projects.

The hawks were very active today.  With weather warm enough, the female took some time out away from the nest.  The male stayed in the area always within eyesight of the nest flying from tree to tree.  Some crows landed in the nesting tree and immediately the male flew in.    He then stayed in that tree for a while.


After about 30-40 minutes of the female being gone, I heard screeching over the pasture area beyond the trees.  To my surprise, the male took off and headed that way.  It was only a few minutes and they both came back in with the female taking her place in the nest.

 I guess dad hawk was tired of nest guarding and immediately took off.

No comments: