Friday, October 25, 2013

Gray Catbird

I was so disheartened this morning when I arrived at the church for my friends memorial to find I was a day late.  I think the hectic schedule of back and forth to the hospital, the frustration with the heating company, and long hours of working at the house have taken their toll.

In an effort to regain some balance I finally just went out for a walk today.  The first time in two weeks I have picked up a camera.  I needed some outdoor time to regain my balance.  I didn't even take a camera on my walk choosing to walk only to clear the head.

Back home, I noticed that a Gray Catbird kept hanging around in the backyard.  It tried to chase away any other bird that attempted to use the bath.  It seemed more like a game of challenge than anything else.

No comments: