Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Kinglets Have Arrived

I stopped by the park for a very brief period this morning as I had another mission close by.  There was one tree where there was a great deal of activity and to my surprise, they were Ruby-Crowned Kinglets.  It seems very early for them to have arrived.  It sort of goes with my gut feeling that we are actually going to have some winter this year,

The house projects have been going well and I am finally ready for the man to come in and refinish the floors.  It has been a heck of a job clearing out everything then painting the rooms.  In the process I have cleaned out the attic, the basement, catch all utility room and and garage.  At this point I am nearing exhaustion.  Once the floors are completed it should be a fairly easy task to get the furniture back in.  I am going very, very minimal so not much will be coming back in.

After that, new flooring in the kitchen and laundry/utility room and new kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts.  I am keeping the existing base units in the kitchen and having new doors done.

I am hoping in the week that the floors will have to dry before anything can be moved back, I can fit in a few days for a road trip.  I desperately need a break and that will be my treat for all the hard work.

No comments: