Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

The floor folks have been here sanding most of the day and have finally begun putting on the first of three coats of stain.  They are really looking very nice.  I  think this was definitely the way to go over carpet.  No more bulk in a landfill somewhere in 10 years when the carpet would start looking bad.








Off and on today I would go to the kitchen window and look out.  It has been a very gray and cool day with occasional mist.  The birds have been very active today.  I noticed this one bird sitting on the back side of the bird feeder where I could only get a little look at it.  I thought the head look like a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  It finally came forward a bit and I was able to get a couple of shots before the Cardinals chased it off.





Other bird visitors today included a Northern Parula, Black-throated Warbler and several Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  I guess the one Kinglet I saw last week was not a fluke as there were several here today.


No comments: