Monday, September 29, 2014

Cape May Warbler, female, fall

I finished putting down the new floor in the kitchen today less the shoe molding.  It took me about four hours Saturday to cut the vinyl.    I just took my time and it came out pretty darn good.  Beats the heck out of the $400+ estimates I had.  Today I put down the adhesive and rolled the vinyl to secure.  My body aches in places tonight I didn't know I had!  A couple of ibuprofen and a hot shower and I should be good to go tomorrow.

During one of my resting periods today I noticed two birds coming in to the bath.  I had to pull out the book tonight to make my decision on what they were.  The females particularly when in their fall coloration can be difficult.

I have finally decided that this is an adult female in her fall colors.  The bird with her was a younger 1st year female and she stayed hidden most of the time in some leaves.

2 comments:

ME2NC said...

Bet you will be glad to have the house done, Paula.

I was looking at your bird today and then looking back through the last few posts and noticing how many of these birds have yellow on them. Liz had a Palm Warbler today too, also had yellow. Very confusing!!

The sure do love that bath though. I think I need to get one of those.

Coppertop said...

As I read your blog I was thinking wish Paula would post a photo of the entire bird bath. Maybe you did in precious post, I'll have to back track. The birds seem to really like it and I am in need of new one.

Then I saw Gladys's post - she is on same wave link! :-)

Congratulations on the remodeling, you are a multi-talented lady.