Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday Wings


Not feeling quite up to par this morning I only went out for a little while. I am a big believer that fresh air and sunshine are healers of the body and soul so let the healing begin.

I had not even made it down the drive of the park when off to the side I noticed two Red-Shouldered Hawks. This pair hangs together more than any I have ever seen. I love that fall colors of the foliage in the background. It just goes so well with the colors of the hawk. It usually seems when you get the opportunity for a nice shot, the background view is not the best.

I pulled to where I thought I could get a clear shot through the fence rails and cut the car off. I rolled down the window and crawled over to the passenger side. I got one shot of the one that was sitting on a higher post before it flew off. The one on the lower post was intently feeding on what looked like a snake.

A Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker was actively working several trees. Afer several attempts at a decent shot, I was finally able to catch it in a well lit tree with and unobstucted view.

The Cedar Waxwings have started coming in. This is not the best shot. The Eastern Bluebirds and Waxwings were having a feeding frenzy on mistletoe berries. Over the next few days I hope to get some better. The lively high pitched little sound they make had all the birds stirred up.






No comments: