Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Weather Arrived


Fall weather arrived Friday night like flipping a switch. It is the first cool weather we have had. Unfortunately I had to work the weekend so was not able to get out until today for a bit.

Migration has definitely started and I look forward to being able to get out this weekend for some serious birding. It is amazing how just a little bit of cooler weather increases the bird activity. The Pine Warblers have become very vocal and are coming down from the treetops.


I am giving some serious consideration on going to Lake Mattamuskeet for a day trip the next week. Finally taking some vacation time so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds. I would live to see what is coming through on the east coast flyway. I usually go on over to the outerbanks when I am that way but not sure what is open yet from the alst hurricane damage. Pea Island NWR sustained quite a bit of damage. It will be interesting to see what impact that may have had.

No comments: