Saturday, May 4, 2013

Veery vs Hermit Thrush

The day ended up better weather wise than the TV news folks predicted.  Rain is projected for the next several days so I needed to get the grass cut and do some other things in the yard.  During a break I walked down to the pond behind the house as I could hear lots of warblers.  A movement down low caught my attention however.  At first I thought is was a Hermit Thrush but the bird looked different.  The chest markings were not as pronounced as a Hermit Thrush's and the color was different.




Once back at the house I had to pull out the bird book and go back and look at some photos of a Hermit Thrush.  I believe I have my first Veery!  It may be just hoping and it end up being a very light colored Hermit Thrush.













Hermit Thrush
For comparison - a  Hermit Thrush



No comments: