Friday, April 18, 2014

Bonding

The cool weather continues and rain is projected for the weekend.  I am beginning to think that spring weather is only a dream.  This afternoon as I was fixing some dinner, I watched a pair of Cardinals doing a little bonding action.  The male would go to the bird feeder and bring the female back either a safflower or sunflower seed.  A little beak action leads to bonding between the pair.  The male appears to watch the female to see if she was pleased with his offering.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is fascinating to watch the interactions of birds. Raining and dreary here this morning.

Nature Girl said...

It was here yesterday also. These shots were taken through the window. If I couldn't go out at least I could look out!

Metis Birding said...

What a great moment to capture. Your photos are fantastic...even ones taken through a window! The colors are always so vivid.

Metis Birding said...

Paula,

Metis Birding would love to feature your blog in our newsletter! Each month, we include a blog that we think our subscribers would truly enjoy. If you are interested, please send me an email at metis.birding@metisllc.com

Thanks!

Nature Girl said...

Hello Metis Birding, Sorry for the delay in responding but I have had exams this week and have only been focused on school. I will send you and email and thanks kindly for the compliments.