Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Bit o' Gold and Green

Not too much going on today.  I went out for a bit this morning but not for any serious birding.  I was feeling a bit guilty for not taking my dog out to run in a while so we went for a long walk in the woods.

 Always though I have the camera with me and and as I was getting the dog settled in the car to come home, a large flock of 100+ Cedar Waxwings came in.  Their yellow bellies reflected in the morning sun looking like a large pot of flying gold.  Maybe this was the gold at the end of the rainbow?





After arriving home, the dog needed a bath,  She had played in the creek followed by tromping through the field while still wet and was now coated with mud.  Fun stuff.  While I was getting everything together out on the deck there was a Goldfinch in a nearby tree singing its heart out.  They are molting getting their summer gold so was this my gold at the end of the rainbow?  I guess I just need to keep looking to find the real thing.

















Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.

No comments: