Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Menagerie



Absolutely beautiful weather today and I am home but feeling a bit under par to really enjoy it.  An unexpected spike in BP and resulting meds have given me the headache from hell.  I went out for a little while....for stress relief purposes of course.  I feel more at peace outside just walking around than anything else I can think of.  I was looking forward to the weekend until I checked the weather.  MORE RAIN!  Every darn weekend it seems,  rain!  Hopefully some time can be salvaged.

We are in a little bit of a birding lull.  The earliest birds have arrived and the winter birds are leaving.  Most of the year-round birds are busy starting to build nest which offers something to watch.  In about two weeks, birding should get outstanding.  From 15Apr - 15 May, there will be so many different types of birds passing through the area you almost get birding burnout from trying to make the most of the period.








Morning finds:  A really large snapping turtle (the photo does not do justice to the size); a Great Blue Heron perched in a favorite observation tree;  a field mouse that scurried to hide from a circling hawk; and grasshoppers galore.
Off to take the dog for a walk, then back to bake some brownie bites and then another training session with yellow bird. 

No comments: