Sunday, November 4, 2012

Slow Weekend

The time change really threw me off this morning.  My usual wake-up time of around 0400 turned in to 0300.  An unexpected thunderstorm rolled in early this morning so going back to bed was out.  Later in the morning however I did take a little nap since the day was so gray and slow.

Yesterday was disappointing.  Though plenty of sunshine, the wind was cool and strong.  The birds were in deep cover out of the wind so I headed home early. I stopped on the way home to pick up some batteries for the trail camera.  When I went to use it the other day, dead batteries.  I used the same set of 8 AA all summer and there were lots of shots taken so I was pleased with the longevity. 

I have not set the camera out during September or October so it seemed like a good time to check in on what was going on.  The female fox looks healthy which is good with the winter months coming on.  She still has one of the young foxes born this summer with her.  It was the one I called Yoda.  When she first brought the kits out, Yoda was always by her side.  I am not quite sure what she has in her mouth.  All the shots were blurry like she was shaking whatever it was.



The twin fawns born in the spring are also looking very healthy and still hanging with mom.  The doe has finally put on a little weight too.




I got a blurry shot of the buck but will wait until tomorrow to post some shots.  I just looked out the window about 15 minutes ago and he was chowing down on the corn while of course the does were standing to the back.  I hope he doesn't make a pig of himself and leaves some for the females.  I was a little concerned that one I saw hit by the road was this same buck but he lives.  I am going to have to resist the temptation to go and pull the camera back in this afternoon but will wait.

No comments: