Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ummmmm, Frog Legs

It has been a hot and miserable day out in the sun.  The humidity is so high and the sun feels very hot.  Out for a bit this morning but I was not out long before a light drizzle began.

The other day when I was out I heard the strangest little sound and started looking for what was making it.  It was in a very shaded area with lots of ground cover.  Eventually I spotted some movement and a bit of bright orange that stood out among all the green and brown.








A Red-bellied Brown Snake had a frog by the leg.  The frog at first struggled but seemed finally resigned to its fate.  As I really like frogs my first instinct was to try to get the snake away but then I had to remind myself that this is nature.  Whether I was there or not, that is just the way it is.

No comments: