Friday, January 3, 2014

Wind and Cold

Winter finally hit.  I am not sure if it got above freezing today and if so, surely not by far or for long.  The wind made if absolutely miserable to be out so I stayed in putting finishing touches on my presentation I will give in February.  After several days of the trailcam being out I finally did go out and get it this afternoon.  The matriarch doe and one of her offspring that was born last spring have learned quickly that the early bird gets the worm.....so to speak.  They are coming around 1600 and getting their share early.  She is teaching her young one well.



One good thing about doing this upcoming presentation is it has forced me to do some cleaning out of old photos that I wonder why I ever kept.  Every now and then you come across a long forgotten photo.  Don't you just love a pleasant surprise?  I remember when my friend and I had gone down to Pungo Lake.  It was a bitterly cold and windy day but there were some payoffs to toughing out the cold.  Love these birds.  They are one of my top 5 favorite.  It would have been nice if it had been on a non man made object but you can't always get what you want.

No comments: