Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Black, White and Shades of Gray

Dark-eyed Junco
I cannot believe we woke up to yet more snow today.  I think it took a lot of folks (me included) by surprise at how quickly it came down and began accumulating.   My internet has been down for almost two days and with not watching much TV, I was a bit surprised when I woke up.

The snow is pretty but I am so tired of winter.  Hey Gladys....if you are enjoying Florida, be glad.  Your area is getting lots of snow today.




Chickadee





It has been a very active day with the birds heavily feeding.  The eye usually goes to the more colorful birds so I am focusing on the more subdued in this post.  They have their own gentle, quiet beauty.








Yellow-rumped Warbler


The Yellow-rumped Warblers are beginning to take on their breeding colors.  They look quite handsome when they get their dark mask.




AWhite-breasted Nuthatch strikes its classic pose.


No comments: